Choose from MCAD's certificates in design foundations, web development, biomimicry, or user experience (UX).
If you are seeking professional development and advancement, earning a certificate is a great way to demonstrate your fundamental competencies in a given discipline.
In order to earn your certificate, select and complete the required number of courses in your chosen area. Some certificates are campus-based, while others are fully online. The sequence of courses is somewhat flexible, although some courses do have prerequisites and must be taken in succession.
In order to find currently offered courses that can be taken towards a certificate, visit /ce, select Find a Class from the right sidebar, select Advanced Options, and choose the appropriate certificate from the Certificates drop down box.
*Course lists and availability are subject to change based on interest and enrollments.
Design Foundations Certificate: Take 3 of the Following Courses. (Online or Hybrid Online and On-Campus)
- Graphic Design Essentials (10 weeks, online)
OR Introduction to Graphic Design (10 weeks, face to face)
- Design in Context (15 weeks, online)
- Typography (15 weeks, online)
OR Introduction to Typography (10 weeks, face to face)
- Print Production for Graphic Designers (10 weeks, face to face)
Web Development Certificate (Online). The certificate has a focus on front-end development. Take the following 5 courses:
- Web Development: HTML (5 weeks, online)
- Web Development: CSS (5 weeks, online)
- Web Development: Topics and Projects (5 weeks, online)
Biomimicry Certificate (Online)
- Fundamentals of Sustainable Design 1-3 (15 weeks total, online)
- Systems Thinking (15 weeks, online)
- Biomimetic Design (15 weeks online) OR
- Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology(5 weeks online)
User Experience Certificate (On-Campus). Take the following 4 courses:
- Introduction to User Experience (UX) Design (6 weeks, face to face)
- User Experience (UX) and the Mobile App (10 weeks, face to face)
- User Experience (UX) Design Systems, and the Screen (10 weeks, face to face)
- Prototyping (6 weeks, face to face)
You Might Also Be Interested In