How to Apply for Financial Aid
Complete the starting October 1 each year to receive priority for need-based financial aid. There is no cost to apply.
- If you do not have an FSA ID (username and password) to electronically sign the FAFSA, .
- or via the mobile app for or .
- Enter MCAD’s school code: 002365
- Use your prior-year completed federal income taxes to complete the FAFSA. For the 2017/18 academic year, use your 2015 federal income taxes.
- If you receive a request for additional information for verification purposes or need to determine your eligibility for need-based financial aid, respond as quickly as possible. Any delay in responding will cause a delay in our ability to provide you with an offer of financial assistance.
Aid is distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. The sooner you complete the FAFSA, the better your chances are of receiving all the aid you're entitled to. You do not need to be accepted to MCAD before completing the FAFSA.
For any information submitted on the FAFSA that you feel needs further explanation, please contact the financial aid office.
How Aid Packages Are Calculated
MCAD is committed to a need-based financial aid program. Once you complete your FAFSA, your aid is calculated based on your financial need.
All incoming students are analyzed in terms of family income, household size, and number of college students in the household. This information is collected in the FAFSA and used to calculate an expected family contribution. This is deducted from the total cost of attending MCAD to calculate your demonstrated need.
Notification of Award
New students accepted to MCAD receive award notifications that indicate the programs and amounts of assistance being offered by MCAD. If you do not qualify for need-based aid, you will receive an award notification indicating your eligibility for an Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan, in addition to any Merit Scholarships awarded.