For more than 130 years, the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD) has been a leader in art and design education and is the region’s principal source of talent, fueling a diverse, creative economy.
MCAD’s artists and designers thrive in the greater community where creativity meets purpose. The impact, locally and globally, of MCAD student and alumni work is astounding and far-reaching as well as a source of great pride.
President’s Circle Member support maintains the quality of MCAD’s unique hands-on education and ensures that the renowned faculty and state-of-the-art facilities are accessible to students from every walk of life.
Join the President’s Circle Today!
Membership in the President’s Circle has benefits for you, as well as for tomorrow’s creative leaders. Enjoy early access to the nation’s largest college art sale, mingle with visiting artists, and socialize with other art aficionados.
Supporting MCAD scholarship initiatives helps bridge the gap from student desires to realized ambitions.
President’s Circle members receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Two complimentary tickets to the MCAD Art Sale Opening Night
- Invitation to exclusive receptions for President’s Circle members
- Recognition on print materials, donor wall, and in MCAD’s annual report
- All of the benefits of the Member level, plus:
- Two additional tickets to the MCAD Art Sale Opening Night (four tickets total)
- An opportunity to provide a scholarship to a talented MCAD junior or senior of need and merit
- An invitation to the Annual Partners in Scholarship Luncheon in April where supporters and scholarship recipients have the opportunity to meet
- All of the benefits of the Partner level, plus:
- An invitation to an exclusive lunch or dinner with a nationally renowned visiting artist
- An opportunity to provide two scholarships to MCAD juniors or seniors of need and merit
- All of the benefits of the Benefactor level, plus:
- An additional two complimentary tickets to the MCAD Art Sale Opening Night (six tickets total)
- An opportunity to provide three scholarships to MCAD juniors or seniors of need and merit
NEW President's Circle members will also be invited to a special breakfast with MCAD's President.
To become a President’s Circle member, contact Cindy Theis, associate vice president of Institutional Advancement, at 612.874.3777 or ctheis@.
Your broker can assist you in making a gift of stock via a direct transfer to MCAD. Giving a gift of publicly traded stock that has increased in value and that you have owned for more than one year may provide greater tax benefits than giving cash. Your charitable income tax deduction is equal to the fair market value of the stock and you avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the current value over the original cost of the stock. You may also save by not incurring brokerage fees because you are transferring ownership rather than selling the stock.
"From the bottom of my heart—thank you. Thank you for not only supporting me, but choosing to support the arts in a time of great need. With you and other generous people like you, we proudly continue to stand up for freedom of creative expression for all people." –Skylar Storkamp ’18, Entrepreneurial Studies