MCAD has received numerous art and design education awards and accolades:
- The Princeton Review has included MCAD on its annual Best Midwestern Colleges List for more than ten years—a rarity for a visual arts college.
- The highly respected design publication I.D. has recognized MCAD as one of the top ten design schools in the world.
- U.S. News & World Report has listed MCAD's , including our programs in .
- MCAD's fully online .
MCAD is accredited by associations that review higher education institutions to ensure they meet critical standards:
- The is an organization of schools, colleges, and universities with 248 accredited institutional members. It establishes national standards for undergraduate and graduate degrees and other credentials.
- The reviews the colleges and universities of a nineteen-state region. It is one of seven regional accrediting organizations in the country五福彩票app苹果版下载.
- The Minneapolis College of Art and Design is registered with the pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
- MCAD has been approved by the state of Minnesota to participate in the . NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.
MCAD also belongs to two organizations that are noteworthy for their members’ academic excellence:
- The is a consortium of the thirty-six leading art and design colleges in the nation, including such schools as the Rhode Island School of Design, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and the California Institute of the Arts.
- The is a group of the top seventeen colleges in Minnesota, including such schools as Carleton College, Macalester College, and the University of St. Thomas.